- The proceedings are now available (07-01-2013)
- A pdf-file containing the program and the abstracts of the oral presentations is now available (08-09-2009)
- The conference program is now available (23-03-2009).
- Call for papers (15-04-2008).
- About the conference theme (15-04-2008).
- 1 November 2008
- Closing date for paper proposals
- 15 January 2009
- Notification of acceptance of paper proposals
- 1 April 2009
- Closing date for registration
- 1 May 2009
- Closing date for the submission of the full papers
- 11-13 June 2009
This third symposium continues the tradition of the 'Names in the Economy' meetings held in Antwerp in 2006 and in Vienna in 2007. During these meetings results from ongoing research have been presented and the communication between scholars from various disciplines has been intensified. The objectives of the symposium in 2009 in Amsterdam are to extend the interdisciplinary dialogue, to explore new fields in onomastics (i.e. the scientific study of names) and to elevate the scientific and societal relevance of this academic discipline.
Meertens Instituut, DOC Namen
PO Box 94264
1090 GG Amsterdam
tel.: +31 20 462 85 85 (monday & tuesday)
e-mail: nite [AT] meertens.knaw.nl
Local scientific committee
- Reina Boerrigter, MA
- dr. Doreen Gerritzen
- dr. Harm Nijboer
International scientific committee
- prof. dr. Frans Hinskens (Meertens Institute / VU University Amsterdam)
- prof. em. dr. Ludger Kremer (University of Antwerp)
- prof. dr. Julia Kuhn (Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration)
- dr. Paula Sjöblom (Turku School of Economics)